- “Tracing the British Sheep Breeds.” Journal for Weavers, Spinners and Dyers 243 (Autumn 2012): 6–11.
- “On the Edge: How a Handful of People Have Preserved Some Rare Sheep and Their Wools” (working title). PieceWork 19, no. 6 (November/December 2011): 34–40.
- Handwoven article on the Stirling tapestries. Handwoven (May/June 2011). [FILL DETAILS]
- “Bast Fibers.” Interweave Knits (Summer 2011): 8–9. [FILL VOL/NO.]
- “The Two Lives and Two Legacies of Beatrix Potter,” written with Donna Druchunas. PieceWork 18, no. 6 (November/December 2010): 30–33.
- “Save the Sheep: The Art of Endangered Resources,” interpretive material for art exhibit of handspun items made from wool grown by rare and endangered breeds of sheep, touring February 2000 through December 2001. Display sites included Gustafson Gallery, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, Colorado; Southern Highlands Craft Guild and Folk Art Center, Asheville, North Carolina; Conner Prairie Living History Museum, Fishers, Indiana; University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, Alabama; Plimoth Plantation, Plymouth, Massachusetts; Benton County Historical Museum, Philomath, Oregon; High Plains West Heritage Museum, Great Falls, Montana.
- “Knitting Handspun.” Interweave Knits 1, no. 1 (Fall 1996): 48–49.
- Socks: A Spin-Off Special Publication. Rita Buchanan and Deborah Robson, editors. Loveland, Colorado: Interweave Press, 1993.
- “Beaded Treasure Bags.” Threads (July 1993). [FILL DETAILS]
- “A Guide to Hand Spinning: How to Make Yarn with the Simplest of Tools and Techniques.” Country Journal (March 1983): 64–72. Reprinted in a Country Journal anthology.